Job Title: Commodities & Procurement Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Commodities & Procurement Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance and capacity building in health commodity procurement and management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical assistance to analyze Uganda’s commodities management and provide expertise on commodities logistics and procurement.
- Propose appropriate cost-containment measures, such as the strategic purchasing of services and pharmaceuticals.
- Responsible for implementing such measures in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Offer technical guidance and assistance working with relevant counterparts to ensure the timely procurement and distribution of health commodities
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Commodities & Procurement Specialist vacancy should possess a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Supply Chains, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of professional experience public health with a focus on commodities, or related area.
- Excellent networking and work relations with the government and health partners.
- Experience on USAID programs highly preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline