Job Title: Lab Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Lab Specialist manages project interventions to strengthen laboratory services. This position will be based in Lira.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent develops and implements capacity building interventions for improving the government’s planning, deploying, and managing laboratory resources.
- Offers support in the training of staff at laboratories
- Provide training in laboratory management, including supply logistics, equipment calibration and maintenance, and diagnostic procedures.
- Render support in the development of sustainable diagnostic transport systems for faster and more reliable delivery of samples to the laboratories.
- Develop or revise standard operating procedures that meet international standards for all levels of the laboratory system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Lab Specialist job opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in Laboratory Science or related field.
- A minimum of six years’ experience in laboratory management.
- Broad knowledge and familiarity with the current laboratory system in Uganda preferable.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of diagnostic technologies.
- Significant experience in training and other capacity building.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline