Job Title: Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist primarily focuses on project knowledge management, learning, and project documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the identification and documentation of project activities and achievements and promote project successes and lessons learned utilizing a variety of communication channels.
- Work closely with research and M&E teams, technical teams and partners, communities and project beneficiaries to identify and document best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Work in close cooperation with all project teams, develop a system to plan and track the progress of deliverables.
- Design and maintain a life-of-project inventory of all technical reports and products, including electronic and hard copies, and distribution list.
- Manage and track routine reporting processes for the project, including working with teams to collect required data, compile, finalize, and ensure quality of report.
- Provide technical writing and editorial support to major project deliverables.
- Provide desktop publication support to project deliverables and dissemination products.
- Lead documentation and communication activities, including quarterly and annual program reviews, assuring results-oriented, reader-friendly reports.
- Assure timeliness and high quality of all project products, deliverables and achievements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in relevant field (journalism, communications, public relations, marketing)
- At least six years of work experience, at least two years of experience in international development projects; preferably in the health sector; experience with USAID-funded projects an advantage
- Proven exposure and experience in knowledge management, including the ability to identify and document project activities and achievements, best practices, success stories, and lessons learned
- Proven ability to communicate information to stakeholders at all levels using a variety of communications approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce written products and media, adhering to deadlines, and short turn-around times.
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline