Job Title: Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Director, Clinical Services
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist provides technical leadership and coordination of human resources strengthening activities, including production, planning and management of HRH, to contribute to increasing the quantity and quality of healthcare workers in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical assistance for the implementation and monitoring of the National Human Resource Information System as it is being implemented in the target districts.
- Develops functional linkages between HRH planning and other technical areas (MCH, RH, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and Nutrition).
- Collaborates with MOH staff to establish conduct research, studies and evaluations on HRH in Uganda.
- Supports the development of systems to more accurately oversee the long & short term deployment of healthcare workers as well as performance management.
- Collaborates in defining more clearly the standards for roles and responsibilities of technical and administrative staff in health facilities.
- Provides hands–on technical support focusing on capacity building of ministry staff in human resource planning, increasing the quantity and quality of healthcare workers in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist should hold a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Human Resource Management, Business, Administration, or another related field.
- A minimum of six years’ work experience in public health and development with a focus on Human Resources and Human Resources for Health activities.
- Previous experience in program management and monitoring and evaluation activities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline