Job Title: HIV/AIDS Specialist
Organisation: Abt Associates
Funding Source: U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Director, Clinical Services
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary: The HIV/AIDS Specialist will play an integral part of a team that will strengthen Ugandan government counterparts in the area of clinical HIV/AIDS improvements for quality health programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of capacity building and training of health providers in the delivery of improved and expended services for HIV/AIDS.
- Supports the expansion of HIV/AIDS services, including assistance related to drugs, logistics, reporting, supportive supervision and external quality control tasks.
- Assesses the training needs of providers and develops training plans and materials to meet those needs.
- Ensure the project’s HIV/AIDS activities are evidence informed, well-coordinated and demonstrate results
- Actively contributes to operational manuals for facilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID HIV/AIDS Specialist career opportunity should hold a relevant Master’s degree
- A minimum of six years’ experience with a focus on HIV/AIDS clinical service delivery improvement.
- Broad working knowledge of latest developments and technology in the area of HIV programming in low prevalence settings.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate and execute ideas, as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Proven ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Proven skills in supervision, planning and management
- Previous experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to Uganda_Jobs@abtassoc.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 25th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline