Job Title: Data Entry Officer
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Project Name: USAID Saving Lives at Birth (SL@B) project
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
About USAID SL@B Project:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is implementing the Saving Lives at Birth (SL@B) project that aims at development of a Model for National Scale-up of the Pratt Pouch to Expand Infant Nevirapine prophylaxis in Uganda to Prevent Mother-to-child Transmission of HIV, and Save Infant Lives. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), the Ugandan Ministry of Health (MOH) and Pratt Pouch Consulting will be introducing and scaling up the Pratt Pouch in Uganda’s ANC, delivery, and PNC services. To build an effective model for national scale-up, the project will utilize the Pratt Pouch as an improved infant ARV prophylaxis delivery mechanism to improve dosing accuracy and expand NVP access to HIV-exposed infants in up to 20 districts to decrease the number of HIV-infected infants at six weeks of age.
Job Summary: The Data Entry Officer will support the entry of data into project database and assist the evaluation officer to set up site level high data quality data management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will work closely with the evaluation officers to ensure timely and accurate entry of data into the project electronic databases, support analysis of data to inform the monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
- The Data Entry Officer will support data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data reported
- Support the interpretation and use of M&E data to inform program implementation.
- The jobholder will also provide all the necessary data and information required for the development of internal and external program performance progress reports
- Offer timely support the coordination and execution of events in the department such as, organizational and project learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation and research.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID SL@B Project Data Entry Officer should hold a degree in statistics, demography, population studies, epidemiology or other relevant discipline, from a reputable university.
- At least three years’ experience in data capture and monitoring, evaluation.
- Hands-on experience in working with the national health information systems at the district and national level.
- Previous experience in electronic health/medical records especially DHIS2
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current data management processes in the field of HIV/AIDS and especially in HIV/AIDS prevention, care & treatment.
- Excellent analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
- Excellent working knowledge of major databases and analytical programs including MS access, MS excel, MySQL, STATA, SPSS and Epi Data, and GIS
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to this address;
The Country Director, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, P.O. Box 21127, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: UgandaRecruitment@pedaids.org
Deadline: 23rd May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline