Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) is one of the constituent research institutions under the Uganda National Health Research Organization (UNHRO). UVRI’s mission is to carry out scientific investigations concerning communicable diseases of public health importance and to advise the Uganda government on strategies for their control and prevention.
About ICAP Project:
Uganda Virus Research Institute has signed a MoU with the International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) of Columbia University to conduct a national Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) in Uganda. This survey will provide critical information on the state of the HIV epidemic in Uganda and help shape policies and programs to address the epidemic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Logistics Assistant will be in charge of the day-to-day coordination of administrative activities like transport and management of the stores stock to ensure safe custody and full documentation.
- Send timely responses to all requests for supplies and transport
- Work in liaison with the Senior Accountant, Grants Manager, Grants Assistant and UPHIA team lead.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on transport and stores.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Stores Management from a recognizable university
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience
- Computer literacy i.e. well versed with all basic computer applications like (MS office excel, word and power point)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, updated CVs, including names of two work-related referees indicating their contacts with e-mail and phone numbers to the address below;
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe. Uganda
Or hand deliver to the office Plot 51-59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe.
Deadline: Wednesday 8th June 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline