Job Title: Programme Policy Officer
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Position Grade: NOA
Reference Number: 16-0021218
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Policy Officer will coordinate and manage all WFP programme activities under Soroti Sub Office including Finance, Administration, Security, Human Resource and Logistics in order to meet the desired programme objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures;
- Actively contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance;
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities;
- The incumbent will contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Work closely with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects;
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives;
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Policy Officer career vacancy should hold an advanced University degree or University degree with experience in any of the following; international affairs, economics, Nutrition/Health, agriculture, Environmental Science, social sciences or any other fields related to International Development Assistance, attained from a recognized institution Or first University degree in the mentioned fields with additional years of related work experience;
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in public sector management, development projects and/or emergency assistance, gained from reputable organizations;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 5th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline