Job Title: Programme Associate
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Level: SB3
Reports to: Area Manager
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Job Summary: The Programme Associate will provide support to ensure that the goals and objectives of the UNDP programmes are met in a timely and effective manner, and UNDP is represented at field level in Karamoja.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Specifically, the Programme Associate will:
- Offer programme management support at field level for both on going and new UNDP programmes implemented in Karamoja;
- Ensure adherence to the UNDP monitoring and evaluation system for the projects/programmes implemented in Northern Uganda through supporting regular field monitoring visits of activities as well as facilitating and supporting joint field monitoring visits;
- Offer technical support in the preparation of monthly progress reports to the Country Office;
- Support documentation of Programmes and project success stories/lessons;
- Offer support, facilitate and assist external evaluations, audits including implementation of audit recommendations and spot checks on UNDP implementing partners as well as Responsible parties;
- Keenly monitor financial delivery and prepare reports as needed;
- Responsible for the preparation of reports including mission reports, periodic briefs on progress especially from the field operations and on M&E visits;
- Support in the organization and management of workshops, trainings events and briefs and orientation of the programmes as and when required for effective implementation of the programme;
- In charge of the preparation of requisitions for goods and services to be procured in the Northern Uganda Programme;
- Filing of all related project documents;
- Support in effectively recording and maintenance of Office assets at field office;
- Petty cash and imprest management for the field office;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Represent UNDP in field operation meetings like Regional Operations Management Team (ROMT) and common services;
- Perform any other additional tasks that may be assigned by the Country Office as and when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Development Programme UNDP Programme Associate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Public Administration, Social sciences, Economics or International Development, or any other field related to project management.
- At least five years’ experience in provision of support to the management of programmes;
- Experience in specifically supporting programmes in post conflict and recovery areas;
- Previous exposure and experience in working in the field;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of crisis prevention and recovery issues in Uganda and/or in Sub-Saharan Africa region;
- Relevant experience of working with government agencies, District Local Governments, local communities and international organizations;
- Fluency in English
- Language and IT Skills: Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems;
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline