Job Title: Driver
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Assistant
Position Grade: SC 2
Reference Number: 16-0021096
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for safe transportation of WFP passengers, equipment, mail etc. and proper maintenance of the assigned vehicle
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable driving services by using assigned vehicle for the transport of authorised WFP staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing following UN safety and security rules and regulations;
- The incumbent will deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items;
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc.;
- Carry out minor repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.;
- Produce weekly records of mileage travelled and tonnage moved;
- Read and understand specific vehicle/operating manuals to ensure the safety and appropriate operations of the vehicle;
- The incumbent will negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas;
- Take the steps required in accordance with the rules and regulations in case of an accident;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Finance Assistant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Driver job opportunity should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (O Level) is desirable;
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a Driver plus a safe driving record gained from a reputable organization;
- Hold a clean and valid driving license;
- Defensive driving and first aid training is desirable;
- Excellent command of both written and oral English is essential;
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 12th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline