Job Title: Technical Advisor – VACiS Programming
Organisation: Development Links Consult (DLC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Development Links Consult (DLC) is a development management consultancy firm duly incorporated in Uganda as a Limited Liability Company. They would like to recruit for a valuable client.
Job Summary: The Technical Advisor – VACiS (Violence against Children in and around Schools) Programming will accompany and support six donor grantees to refine and implement violence prevention programs. The program has a focus on Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. The Technical Advisor will contribute to achieving high program quality through technical support and capacity building with current grantees. The Technical Advisor will report to the Executive Director of the client organisation and will be expected to document and share consolidated annual VACiS EA progress report based on technical advice and other learning exchanges.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in a profession relevant to human rights with a degree in any of the following disciplines: Social work and social administration; Community Development; Development Studies or any other degree related to child rights.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a VAC related programming or advisory position with a bi-lateral, multi -lateral organisation, Government or NGO.
- Strong analytic, program planning and monitoring skills with the ability to challenge existing mindset especially theory of change and M&E
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan, East African and global Child Rights context.
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work as part of a team and in partnership with other stakeholders
- Ability to link community level impacts on children with trends at national and regional level.
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a covering letter of no more than two pages and updated Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) detailing qualifications and work experience to date as a single document, including your salary expectation for this role. The document should be written in English. Applications should be forwarded via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th June 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline