Job Title: Team Leader - Institutional Effectiveness
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Post Level: SB5
Reports to: CO Senior Management and the IG Coordinator
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Job Summary: The Team Leader - Institutional Effectiveness acts as the day-today technical and administrative manager of Institutional Effectiveness programme and advisor to the IG Coordinator on all aspects of institutional development and related fields, Including on institutional reforms, corruption control, learning and oversight and social engagement. The main responsibilities of the IE Team Leader is to promote coherence in UNDP-supported activities and assist the IG coordinator in the planning, implementation and follow-up of inter-agency collaboration activities. The IE Team Leader technically co-leads the IE and field office teams in strategic planning, programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Under IG Coordinators general guidance, he/she promotes innovations and creative responses to emerging challenges and opportunities, while ensuring consistency with UNDAF/CPD priorities. The IE Team Leader administratively supervises the IE team in close collaboration with the Management Support and Operations team in the CO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring continuous Coherence in the Institutional Effectiveness programme to produce maximum impact on quality, effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery and control of corruption;
- Offering support to the IG Coordinator in fostering institutional Linkages among partners working on institutional development - state and non-state parties, UN and donors - to ensure adequate complementarities, synergies and elimination of duplications;
- Ensure availability of high-level Expertise within UNDP to drive innovations and knowledge building in the area of institutional development;
- Working under IG Coordinator guidance and support to promote Access, by the government, to required resources to lead, own and sustain efforts to promote a culture of transparency, accountability in the public sector; and
- Ensure timely and quality Reporting on progress towards IE programme targets goals and related SDGs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Development Programme UNDP Team Leader - Institutional Effectiveness should hold a Master’s degree in Public Policy, Administration or related fields.
- At least five years’ experience at the national or international level in policy analysis/research and policy implementation coordination, monitoring and evaluation. Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory.
- Adequate knowledge and practical skills in the areas of programme planning, applied development/policy research and programme evaluation;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of RBM and TDA concepts, principles and methods and their implications and applications in strategic planning;
- Demonstrated ability to apply evidence-based advocacy methods and tools in addressing sensitive issues;
- Ability to develop, manage and strengthen partnership with other relevant institutions engaged in the promotion in support to Institutional Development;
- Ability to manage a small UNDP team, including improved working environment, delegation of responsibilities and empowerment of team members;
- Demonstrated ability to operate comfortably at upstream/programme level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated capacities in progress monitoring and reporting;
- Ability to document programming experiences and write quality and substantive thematic papers.
- Previous experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Language and IT Skills: Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UNs values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Shows strong corporate commitment, works to achieve goals of UNDP as a whole and makes contributions to priorities led by other country offices, regional centres and bureaus
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline