Job Title: Team Leader
Organization: QED Group, LLC
Project Name: Governance Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About GAPP Project:
The decentralization in Uganda has been described by some as a cornerstone of democratic governance, yet for others it failed to deliver on the promise of effective democratic governance, improved service delivery, increased accountability and citizen engagement at the local level. Since November 2012, USAID/Uganda (and later with DFID’s funding support) support a seven year Governance, Accountability, Participation and Performance (GAPP) Activity, implemented by RTI International with its consortium partners, namely: Development Alternatives Inc. and Development and Training Services. The objectives of GAPP is to enhance accountability within local government institutions; to strengthen the Government of Uganda accountability institutions; to improve local government governance; and to support civil society organizations.
Purpose of the Assessment: This evaluation will review GAPP performance between December 2012 and July 2016. The purpose of the mid-term evaluation is access if GAPP interventions increased accountability and improved service delivery and therefore be deepened or if to the contrary should be re-directed in the subsequent annual work planning.
Job Summary: The Team Leader should be an evaluation expert with expertise in one of the desired areas of focus, namely: (a) local governance and decentralization; (b) public financial management; and (c) civil society and citizen engagement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the activities, assign tasks to team members and supervise performance. The Team Leader will be the main point of contact between the evaluation Activity Manager at USAID/Uganda, QED and the Evaluation Team.
- Provide technical leadership to the team in the implementation of the evaluation tasks and preparation of deliverables.
- Developing, managing and, as needed, communicating updates to USAID on evaluation progress.
- Review and submit in a timely manner all deliverables from the team to ensure that they meet USAID quality standards.
- Ensure that the tasks within the evaluation work plan are those best suited (and most efficient) to achieving the objective of the evaluation.
- Lead the presentation of results and all stakeholder engagements
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteria should send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to email@example.com with the subject line as “ATTN: Team Leader .
Deadline: Friday, 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline