Job Title: Tax Consultant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Code: EAU-120562-HN
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is known for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of managing client portfolio and ensuring that matters pertaining to the client are dealt with;
- Ensure that all client assignments are well planned and conducted to the required standards, within agreed time and financial budgets and in adherence to the Firm’s approved procedures and methodologies;
- Continuously seeking ways to develop practical and innovative solutions to clients’ concerns;
- Assisting and advising clients regarding Ugandan and international taxation.
- Ensure active involvement in consulting and advisory work or in consulting combined with tax compliance;
- Preparing draft tax computations and client reports for review by the manager;
- Preparing self-assessment returns, with all relevant attachments for signature by the client, and forward to the Revenue Authority in a timely manner;
- Being involved in the carrying out of tax due diligence, PAYE and withholding tax reviews in consultation with the manager in charge;
- Being involved in drafting correspondences to Revenue Authority and clarifying any matters they may query regarding our clients;
- Developing and managing sound business relationships, marketing the Firm with the aim of maintaining and winning new business;
- Staying abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- In charge of leveraging knowledge and contributing to proper knowledge management within the department;
- Delegating work and coaching junior members; and
- Being involved in transfer pricing review and documentation for clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Deloitte Tax Consultant career opportunity should hold a second class honours degree in Taxation, Accounting, Finance, International Business Management, Law or Economics;
- A recognised professional qualification e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) will be an added advantage
- The applicant should hold a 1st Grade in 'O' Level or equivalent;
- At least four years’ experience with 2-3 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or law firm or the revenue authority).
- Demonstrate strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills;
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly;
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Be a team player with leadership capacities;
- Have an open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible mindset;
- Transfer pricing experience though not a prerequisite would be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join one of the World’s prestigious audit firms, Deloitte, please feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
Deadline: 24th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline