Job Title: Talent Maximization Lead
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruiting, on-boarding, and training high performers
- Lead recruitment efforts and building of standard recruiting procedures that protect and enhance Tugende’s culture, mission and goals
- Represent Tugende externally at conferences, job fairs and other events, with demonstrable results in building network and talent pipeline
- Build relationships with recruiting firms, job placement programs, universities and other sources of talent to enable Tugende to attract high performers from all areas
- Serves as part of the interview team for all applicants; Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings, in order to help all hiring
- Build monitor and update new employee onboarding or orientation including identifying future training opportunities for new hires
- Regularly update recruiting procedures, conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
Employee support and capacity building:
- Leads and/or assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Develops, improves and updates performance evaluation procedures, guidelines, documents and training material.
- Ensures evaluation feedback is used to improve both employee and manager performance and to highlight any resource gaps in the company.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
Supervise Talent related administration, policy development, implementation and documentation
- Review, recommend, and update Human Resources policies, procedures and objectives for the company related to employee relations and employee rights.
- Lead role in openly receiving employee concerns, and counselling employees and supervisors to improve job performance.
- Keenly review employee feedback through the company’s complaint procedure and assists investigations when required.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs together with key operations staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial-Organizational Psychology and any other related field
- Five or more years of experience in recruitment, performance management, coaching/teambuilding compensation, and other talent optimization areas with demonstrated achievement.
- Show commitment to being part of a fast growing, challenging and inspiring company and mission.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust with all team members, handle confidential information with care, and understand challenges and motivations of team members of all skills and backgrounds.
- Previous experience developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong belief in value of diversity and inclusion and track record of promoting these values.
- Demonstrated experience building talent and human resource systems from a low starting point and leading strategic planning to ensure the talent drives the company’s progress.
- Strong knowledge of various employment laws and practices – in Uganda and East Africa.
- Proven ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers with clear progress results and high levels of trust and confidence.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity in their work ethic and conduct
- Exhibit a professional level of respect for superiors, subordinates and all staff
- Demonstrate high levels of Confidentiality
- Ability to perform duties with transparency
- Just in his/her dealings
- Orderliness and a great time keeper
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application_ Talent Maximization Lead" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 12th May 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline