Organisation: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Sales & Marketing
Ref: NMS/ 2016/01
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will build and strengthen NMS’ M&E capacity with the strategic aim of providing relevant information to foster better planning and implementation across the supply chain (NMS Suppliers, NMS and NMS Customers) in order to continuously improve the NMS service offering with regard to availability of EMHS within NMS at facilities and to patients in line with our vision of “a population with adequate and accessible quality medicines and medical supplies.” The M&E Officer will stay abreast with state-of-the-art M&E approaches to ensure the use of technically appropriate monitoring and evaluation models and information systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop and implement monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on key indicators related to EMHS supply across the NMS supply chain
- Plan, design and undertake research studies and evaluations to inform policy decision making related to EMHS across the NMS supply chain
- The jobholder will also identify resource needs to continuously improve and strengthen performance of NMS related to EMHS across the NMS supply chain
- Prepare and submit periodic reports required by NMS and her stakeholders that support effective decision making and facilitate learning
- Coordinate M&E dissemination meetings with NMS Stakeholders
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an honours Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or an Honours Degree with a Minimum of a Diploma in Statistics. Possession of a postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least three years’ experience in health sector or health sector monitoring systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and abilities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and pharmaceutical/logistic indicators
- Ability to work in a fast-paced teamwork environment to meet required deadlines
- Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to make presentations and effectively write/edit reports
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with updated Curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, full time telephone contacts, email and postal addresses of three referees including the last two employers. The applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16 Entebbe. Uganda.
Deadline: 9th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline