Job Title: Study Field Coordinator
Organisation: Doctors with Africa CUAMM
Duty Station: Uganda
Doctors with Africa CUAMM was the first non-governmental organisation (NGO) in the field of healthcare to be officially recognised in Italy. Doctors with Africa Cuamm is the largest Italian body working to improve and safeguard the health of African populations.
About WHO CUAMM Project:
Doctors with Africa CUAMM together with WHO Collaborating Centre - Institute for Maternal and Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo Italy is anticipating to implement a research in West Nile to evaluate the impact of supportive supervision, high intensity and specific for nutritional services as compared to the standard of care.
Job Summary: The Study Field Coordinator will work closely with study investigators to develop standard operating procedures for the study, collaborate in all activities related to the start-up phase of the study (such as contact with health authorities, validation of data collection instruments, training of data collectors etc).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will act as a trainer of IMAM guidelines to Health facility staff, train health facility staff /data collectors on proper informed consent procedures.
- The incumbent will participate in the design of data collection training materials and training of data collectors, overseeing study participant enrolment, conduct enhanced nutritional supportive supervision at selected sites according to the agenda of the study.
- The incumbent will carry out site visits as needed to ensure adherence to the study protocol and ensure i presence of study commodities and proper data entry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or equivalent, with research experience in nutrition or child health, knowledge of the nutrition landscape in Uganda
- Previous work with district local governments will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work as a team, to communicate with clarity in speaking and writing.
- The applicant must be comfortable with quantitative methods;
- Knowledge of the Uganda national health policies, national nutrition policies, strategies and structures.
- Prior management and supervisory experience,
- Good computer skills with proficiency in office applications - Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Hold a valid driving permit desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with telephone contacts and contactable referees addressed or delivered to: The Human Resource Officer, Doctors with Africa CUAMM P.O. Box 7214 Kampala, Email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Email applications must have the following subject: “CUAMM West Nile Study May 2016.” Emails and attachments (only CV and Application letter) must not exceed 2MB otherwise they will be rejected by server. Hard copies can also be delivered to the CUAMM Country Offfice in Kansanga. Interviews will be conducted in Arua.
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 5:00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline