Job Title: Stock Control Officer
Organisation: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Ref: NMS/ 2016/02
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Stock Control Officer will be in charge of ensuring effective stock control services that meet set standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update approved list of the NMS medicines and medical supplies stock
- The incumbent will classify items using ABC analysis periodically to facilitate stock location and monitoring
- Quantify and forecast trading stock requirements periodically to facilitate timely procurement
- Periodically set average monthly consumption, minimum, maximum stock and stock recorder levels
- The jobholder will also draw up supplier delivery plans/schedules for medicines and medical supplies based on available funds, space and consumption. To adjust delivery schedules when necessary to prevent out of stock or over stocking situations.
- Manage supplier contracts, ensure timely delivery and adherence to terms and conditions.
- Prepare and submit produce periodic stock status and projection reports as required.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts
- Make logical stock placement and movement plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stock Control Officer job should preferably hold an Honours’ degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management and a minimum of a Diploma in Pharmacy or Honors’ degree in Pharmacy and a Post graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in procurement or supply Chain function.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with updated Curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, full time telephone contacts, email and postal addresses of three referees including the last two employers. The applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16 Entebbe. Uganda.
Deadline: 9th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline