Job Title: Service Providers (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Project Name: USAID Long Term Family Planning Methods (LTFP) Programme
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Annual Salary: £15,300 - £18,720.
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
About USAID LTFP Programme:
Marie Stopes International Uganda (MSI Uganda) is currently the lead partner in implementing the USAID Long Term Family Planning Methods (LTFP) Programme. The LTFP Programme expands affordable services and choice of the full range of contraceptive choice to rural and underserved communities through a dynamic mix of mobile clinical outreach, social franchising and community based distribution. In partnership with the Ministry of Health, this programme supports the long term capacity of public and private sector providers to deliver high quality FP counselling and services.
Job Summary: The Service Providers will provide high quality family planning (FP) counselling and service delivery to clients through mobile outreach services. Outreach is a strategic channel for providing greater access to rural communities with unmet need and unmet demand for family planning services, especially long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) and permanent methods. Clinical outreach is a primary service delivery channel under the LTFP Programme.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the USAID Project Service providers should be clinical officers or hold relevant diploma in nursing or midwifery (must be able to provide Long Term Family Planning methods)
- Working knowledge of FP clinical procedures and minimum standards essential
- Proven ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages
- Previous experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
- Prior exposure and experience working as part of a highly functioning team
- Excellent record keeping and time management
- Keen attention for detail
- Proven skills in effective conflict resolution
- Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: Vacancies@msiu.or.ug.
Deadline: 20th May 2016 by 11:59 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline