Job Title: University Lecturers – Graduate School (Several Jobs - Business, Humanities, Social sciences, ICT and Health Sciences)
Organisation: Victoria University (VU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Dean Graduate School
Victoria University is a state-of-the- art world class cosmopolitan university located in the heart of Kampala with a multi-cultural student population and are licensed and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), offering the best practical and high quality education in the regional markets. Victoria University stands out as a pivot of academic excellence, with a fresh and intellectually thriving environment that nurtures critical and progressive thinkers. Our programmes include: - Foundation Program; Certificate & Short Courses, Diploma Courses; Under Graduate Programs, Executive & Professional Programs such as IP3 Accredited Certifications.
Job Summary: The University Lecturers will be required to teach, mentor, carry out research and strengthen the school with the specialist knowledge in their fields of Business, Humanities and Social sciences, ICT and Health Sciences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for teaching, assessing and examining at postgraduate level.
- Supervising student projects at postgraduate level.
- Providing learning support and studies advice to students.
- Actively contribute to the development of the research base within the School.
- Significantly contribute to the development of academic enterprise within the School.
- Contributing to the enhancement of existing, and the development and planning of new courses of study within the School.
- Carry out appropriate School, administrative and management tasks
- Supporting the School in promoting the Vision and Mission of Victoria University
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold Doctorate degrees in Business, Humanities and Social sciences, ICT and Health Sciences.
- Previous experience in Lecturing at postgraduate level in a comprehensive University setting;
- Broad working knowledge of effective instructional and learning assessment methods
- Outstanding public speaking ability
- Some work experience in a relevant business sector/industry will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in acquiring external funding will be an added advantage
- Commercially and educationally focused with leadership and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of ability to conduct high quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high quality publications, or other research outputs, in any of the areas mentioned above
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Evidence of ability to teach and to supervise academic work by undergraduates, masters and doctoral students
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
- Show commitment to continuous professional development
- Knowledge of existing technology
- Team leader and team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should hand deliver a cover letter, an updated copy of your resume with contacts of three referees and copies of your academic documents to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Victoria University, Plot 1-13 Victoria Towers,
Jinja Road, Kampala
OR E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 14th May 2016 by 2:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline