Job Title: Lecturers - School of Law (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Victoria University (VU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Dean- School of Law
Victoria University is a state-of-the- art world class cosmopolitan university located in the heart of Kampala with a multi-cultural student population and are licensed and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), offering the best practical and high quality education in the regional markets. Victoria University stands out as a pivot of academic excellence, with a fresh and intellectually thriving environment that nurtures critical and progressive thinkers. Our programmes include: - Foundation Program; Certificate & Short Courses, Diploma Courses; Under Graduate Programs, Executive & Professional Programs such as IP3 Accredited Certifications.
Job Summary: The Lecturers- School of Law prepares and conducts tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at the University and conducts research in a particular field of knowledge
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach at undergraduate and graduate level in areas allocated by the Head of Department and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.
- Conduct research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff review process.
- The incumbent will obtain research funding support.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate, taught graduate (Masters) or research graduate (MPhil/PhD) students.
- Significantly contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Render support in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Actively participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Take part in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- Participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
- Significantly contribute to departmental, faculty, or University working groups or committees as requested.
- Maintain own continuing professional development.
- Actively follow and promote Victoria University policies.
- Perform any other duties professionally assigned by the Management of the University from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should also hold a master’s degree in law, a Doctorate degree in law or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Uganda-
- Previous experience in Lecturing in a comprehensive University setting;
- Knowledge of effective instructional and learning assessment methods
- Outstanding public speaking ability
- Experience in acquiring external funding will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of the Ugandan Law combined with a broad Law background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of ability to conduct high quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high quality publications, or other research outputs, in the area of Law.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Evidence of ability to teach and to supervise academic work by undergraduates, masters and doctoral students
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
- Show commitment to continuous professional development
- Knowledge of existing technology
- Team leader and team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should hand deliver a cover letter, an updated copy of your resume with contacts of three referees and copies of your academic documents to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Victoria University, Plot 1-13 Victoria Towers,
Jinja Road, Kampala
OR E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 14th May 2016 by 2:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline