Job Title: Area Sales Representative (Several Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Business Manager
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Area Sales Representative will implement Company strategies so as to maximize Revenue, Acquisition, Mobile Money growth, Mobile Money Agent growth, Dealer supervision and distribution performance in the area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Area Sales programs to achieve Revenue, Acquisition and Distribution objectives.
- The incumbent will be tasked with effective implementation of a distribution strategy to ensure continuous availability of MTN products in targeted outlets.
- Increase our point of purchase points by recruiting new outlets to stock our products.
- Ensure adequate merchandising and visibility to maximize brand presence in the Area
- Supervise and motivate dealers, dealer sales representatives, and retailers to achieve set performance targets in the assigned area.
- Regular visits to dealer accounts and retail trade channel to monitor and advice on operational efficiencies.
- Regularly carry out training of Dealer staff, stockists and Retailers on MTN products and services.
- The incumbent will implement Area trade and consumer promotions in line with the overall company objectives.
- Prepare accurate and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Guide dealer staff and make them better in performance and productivity including personal development.
- Provides guidance and support to dealers in line with overall company objectives and strategies.
- Trains and motivates dealer staff to achieve set targets: Train and mentor TDR’s to grow into Area Representative Material (Succession plan).
- Recruits and trains direct sales teams.
- Through regular field accompaniments, coaches’ dealer field salesman to maximize sales.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the MTN Area Sales Representative jobs should hold Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration, Commerce or any business related
- A minimum of two years’ experience in dealer/Distributor sales management and distribution environment
- Previous experience managing teams.
- Two years’ driving experience in a manual transmission vehicle
- Good Computer Skills –Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Highly developed selling skills.
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good coordination techniques.
- A good team player
- Positive, outward looking disposition
- Ability to take Initiative
- Well-developed attention to detail
- Can-Do attitude
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers), Uganda.
Deadline: 31st May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline