Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Code: EAU-120820-JN
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is known for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
In today’s world of dynamic change, an in-depth knowledge of tax rules and regulations, as well as the market environment is paramount to offering the best range of Tax and Legal services. Enabling our clients to comply with their tax requirements, while benefitting from current regulations in order to optimize their tax burden is what drives our tax department. To us, working in our tax team is equivalent to advancement and expertise in all the areas required in the marketplace including: Tax Compliance, Local Tax Consulting, International Tax Consulting, Transfer Pricing, Customs and Duties, Business Process Outsourcing, Grants and Incentives and Expatriate Tax.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Tax – Associate will be a valuable resource in our Tax department in Uganda, focusing on the following:
- Conducting detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to manage compliance;
- In charge of researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation in Uganda;
- Meeting with clients and collating information, and responding to client inquiries;
- Working closely with tax law and revenue positions;
- Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline;
- Offering support on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, Customs tax;
- Liaising and negotiating with tax authorities on behalf of the client;
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures;
- Providing reports and presentations for clients;
- Assisting and supporting tax consultants and professionals in handling taxation matters
- Performing any other required tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Deloitte Tax – Associate careers should be Graduates with a Bachelor of Laws or any business-related degree;
- Certification in CPA, ACCA or any taxation study will be an added advantage.
- Have at least an Upper Second class honors degree;
- Have at least 17 points at ‘A’ Level;
- Have a 1st Grade in 'O' Level (with credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Have an average score of Credit 3 in 8 subjects at 'O' Level;
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Taxation;
- Demonstrate strong communication, negotiation, numerical and analytical skills;
- Willingness to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly;
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
Note that: Prior experience in this kind of work is not a requirement for this position.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join one of the World’s prestigious audit firms, Deloitte, please feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
Deadline: 22nd May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline