Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Code: EAU-116694-JN
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is known for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border professional services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region - and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East African market.
Job Summary: The Associates and Analysts will support Deloitte’s Audit, Tax, and Advisory departments in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Keep the engagement managers and seniors/ consultants updated on any issues arising from the assignment;
- Learn and apply Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Render support in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement;
- Ensure that all client working papers are filed per approved guidelines and all client files are continually updated;
- Develop and manage good client relations producing outputs which meet client and Firm expectations/standards;
- Stay abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- The Fresh Graduates must hold an Upper Second class honours degree;
- A minimum of 17 points at 'A' Level;
- Possess a first Grade in 'O' Level (with credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- The applicant must be a good team player,
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Audit, Tax or Advisory;
- Demonstrate strong communication, numerical and analytical skills;
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly; and
- Be result oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
NB: Prior experience in this kind of work is not a requirement for this position.
Successful candidates will be required to pursue a professional accounting course, which will be financed by the firm. Those already undertaking studies in professional courses e.g. ACCA/CPA, CISA etc will have an added advantage.
Compensation Package: To the successful candidate, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package and a highly energised team environment composed of individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join one of the World’s prestigious audit firms, Deloitte, please feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
Deadline: 15th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline