Organisation: World Vision
Reports to: Community Development Facilitator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Sponsorship Development Assistants (CSDA) will mainly implement field level programmatic activities and sponsorship performance in line with targets and partnership standards in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Implementation and Reporting:
· Actively participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
· Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
· Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
· Identify local level partners and support and facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities.
· Actively facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities.
· Render support in the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
2. Community Engagement and Advocacy:
· Innovatively support communities including RC households to participate and benefit from the programme development.
· Sensitize community on sponsorship (RC guardians, community leaders and other community members) and facilitate participation in the sponsorship management project.
· Train the children committees in the respective parishes in advocating for their wellbeing.
· Support and facilitate the children committees to plan for and hold meetings at all levels (School, parish and sub county) on a regular basis and document findings
· Support the children committees to conduct outreaches within their villages/parishes and sub counties
· Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities in planning, monitoring and implementation of community development initiatives.
· Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
· Follow-up on commitments by leaders on improvement of the wellbeing of children.
· Mobilize communities to participate in annual children care and protection days – such as the Day of African child.
3. Management of Sponsorship Performance:
· Responsible for monitoring of RC in line with partnership standards.
· Ensure RC records and files are well managed and stored securely.
· Support RCs to correspond with sponsors in a timely manner.
· Facilitate processing of all special mails; Christmas cards, Spontaneous letters, APR, introductory letters within partnership standard..
· Support management of Support Office Queries, Gift Notifications, mails, and file copies of correspondences in children’s files.
· Conduct and produce quality periodic mailings (APR and Christmas Cards).
· Mobilize and support RC families to adequately prepare for and manage sponsor visits.
4. Monitoring of Registered Children:
· Responsible for RC monitoring and follow up of the child wellbeing in accordance to the minimum programming standard (once every 90 days).
· Support development and implement integrated monitoring plan in assigned area with ADP stakeholders
· Analyze and follow up critical RCs findings (especially RCs with challenges).
· Compile monitoring reports for management action.
· Conduct monthly / quarterly meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
· Work closely with the CDF to identify, train monitors and partners.
· Provide information on support and benefit of RC to the CSDF and SDA to enable entry in STEP
5. Child Protection and Wellbeing:
· Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
· Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
· Sensitize children including RCs, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The candidates should hold Bachelor’s Degrees in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship or Education from a recognized Institution of higher learning. A post graduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
· At least one year of experience in Development work attained from an International NGO, with sound understanding of programming.
· Possess the ability to communicate in the local language of the programme area
· Past exposure and experience in documentation and evidence based/impact reporting
· Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
· Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
· Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
· Networking and influencing skills
· Ability to ride a Motor Cycle with a clean riders permit-class A
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
· Demonstrated commitment to World Vision’s mission statement and Core Values.
NB: Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.