Job Title: Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Organization: Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Talent Acquisition, Kenya & East Africa
Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our client, a well-established Bank in Africa.
Job Summary: The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for developing appropriate Talent Acquisition strategies and managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Targets, budgets & governance:
- Guide the business on talent acquisition planning (first principles);
- Agree and deliver direct sourcing and cost saving targets;
- Deliver the budgeted resource plans for roles within assigned business areas; and
- Ensure compliance with relevant operational and people risk controls, and employment legislation.
2. Needs Definition:
- Translate business objectives into talent acquisition plans and strategies, closely aligning them to the broader talent acquisition and talent development agenda;
- Carry out structured business needs discussions with hiring managers before candidate search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, SLA and respective roles and accountabilities, updating the JR accordingly;
- Agree sourcing and administration needs with Talent Acquisition Coordinators;
3. Sourcing, Selection and Hiring:
- Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases;
- Proactively search for, identify, network with and directly contact active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, for hard-to-hire, evergreen and specific vacancies, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand;
- Advise hiring managers on which candidates to progress to the next stage, ensuring the right decisions;
- Ensure all required approvals are obtained before offers are made;
- Support the IM Operations team in managing exceptions requests for international moves, as required; and
- Ensure pre-employment checks are completed in line with global minimum standards, managing any discrepancies or delays with the vendor, candidate or hiring manager (as appropriate.
4. Employer Brand and Employer Value Proposition:
- Ensure the employer brand is fully leveraged, and embedded in talent acquisition touch points (including candidate and vendor interactions), ensuring full understanding and alignment by Hiring Managers and HRRMs to deliver consistency of message and optimal candidate experience;
- Deliver full compliance to employer brand governance process.
5. Relationship Management: Pathological and infectious collaboration with colleagues, candidates, customers and suppliers, building sustainable relationships, setting and managing expectations clearly, identifying and resolving the root cause of any issues and escalating as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess in-depth experience of in house recruitment at a strategic level;
- Previous exposure and experience in an international professional services / banking environment;
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking / divisions.
- Working knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft);
- Commercial experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi-channel recruitment, with a successful track record in management level job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment;
- Ability to multi task in a busy environment;
- Broad knowledge and understanding and experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels;
- Sound communication and influencing skills;
- Good networking skills.
How to Apply:
Applications quoting the position title ‘Senior Talent Acquisition Manager’ with detailed CV (Word Format), with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 23rd May, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline