Job Title: Senior Security Officer
Organisation: Spear Motors Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Spear Motors Limited is the sole distributor of Mercedes Benz Chrysler and Jeep vehicles and it was founded in 1973 by Prof. Gordon Wavamunno. Spear Motors Ltd is the Sole official distributor for Daimler AG of Stuttgart, Germany the manufactures of Mercedes Benz. It is also the official distributor for other legendary brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Great Wall Motors (Wingle double cabin and Hover Station wagons), Kinglong Buses and Deutz Fahr Tractors.
Job Summary: The Senior Security Officer will ensure the safety and security of the company assets and personnel
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out comprehensive vulnerability and risk assessment of assets and personnel and advise management accordingly
- Develop and implement approved security strategy, fire prevention and fighting programmes
- The incumbent will establish appropriate security standards and internal risk controls
- Recommend appropriate security related measures to management
- Implement approved company security policies, standards, and regulations to ensure constant maintenance of corporate security.
- Plan, develop and institute emergency operation procedures and executive protection
- Manage physical security of assets/facilities and personnel
- Develop, institute and maintain access control monitoring and emergency response systems
- The incumbent will also negotiate the terms and conditions of hired security services
- Investigate and report any suspected or actual security breaches and fraudulent acts
- Assist in disciplinary and legal matters related to security breaches
- Work closely with external consultants for independent security audit
- Coordinate security activities with other departments
- Liaise with other external security organisations to facilitate, monitor and handle suspicious activities that may affect the company adversely.
- Actively contribute towards achievement of company targets by controlling product and material loss
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in Legal studies
- A minimum of five years working experience in a busy Security environment
- Strong working knowledge of basic law and law enforcement with good investigative skills
- Proficiency in use of security related equipment.
- Possession of a driving licence with a clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, detailed CVs and copies of relevant professional certificates to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline