Job Title: Senior Information Technology Officer
Organisation: Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director Finance and Administration
The Civil Aviation, Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) is a specialized technical Institution of the East African Community with its headquarters in Entebbe, Uganda. The Institution is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the development of a safe and secure civil aviation system in the region.
Job Summary: The Senior Information Technology Officer will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of EAC-CASSOA computer systems, implementation and maintenance of all IT related projects of the Agency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage the IT department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation and planning
- The jobholder will manage the information technology and computer systems of the Agency
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations of the Agency
- In charge of the design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures of the Agency
- Identify problematic areas, implement strategic solutions to them in time, and develop prevent measures to deter their re-occurrence
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve IT assets, information security and control structures
- The jobholder will supervise and assess the performance of Information Technology Officer
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ensure that the data hosting provider is reliable and safe.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the management and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- The jobholder will regularly maintain and update information on the Agency website
- Ensure Agency IT systems and infrastructure are kept up to date and secure
- Develop an information/data disaster recovery and backup scheme for the Agency
- Prepare the Annual Programme of Activities and Budget for the department
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology is a must.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in the field of Information Technology, particularly in area of data management, systems administration and Integration three of which in senior position.
- Broad working knowledge with certificates in web designing/development, Programming, hardware maintenance and networking is added advantage.
- Practical experience in the computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, strong problem solving skills/ troubleshooting capabilities
- Quick learner
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change
- Good team player
- Keen attention to detail
- Age: Below 55 years old by 1st July, 2016
NB: The Agency is kindly requesting all applicants whose applications were sent via email at email@example.com between 15th March and 3rd April 2016 and did not get acknowledgment of receipts in their emails, to resend their applications again to the same email address firstname.lastname@example.org or their application hard copies to EACCASSOA office at the address below.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for either by registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) and dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of national IDs or passports, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
P.O. Box 873, Entebbe Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
- Applicants who SENT HARDCOPIES OF THEIR APPLICATIONS SHOULD NOT RESEND their application documents.
- Only applicants who sent their applications VIA EMAIL BEFORE 4TH APRIL 2016 ARE REQUESTED TO RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Applicants who sent applications VIA EMAIL AND RECEIVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPTS SHOULD NOT RESEND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- Please do not send multiple applications.
- Attachments for email applications should be in PDF FORMAT.
- THE POSITION APPLIED FOR AND THE REFERENCE NUMBER should be clearly mentioned in the email subject or on left hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016