Job Title: Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Response Manager/Grants Finance Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will provide overall technical support to grants in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Internationally Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with the Regional Finance officer on all financial matters relating to the grants. The incumbent will be in charge of supporting the effective decision-making and financial sustainability of the program through being a business partner internally and externally. The jobholder will also be tasked with ensuring stewardship, accountability and transparency at all levels through the active resourcing and empowerment of the organization and partners. The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will also be tasked with strengthening program/ cluster and community financial management capacity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor budget and cash-flow management by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making.
- Prepare complete & accurate project financial reports and grant specific reports on a monthly basis and share with project management teams by the 18th of every month.
- Receive voucher interface files from the field and review for completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback; and ensure that all grants VIs are posted in Sun systems by the 2nd of every month.
- Actively participate in budget preparation for new proposals as and when required
- Receive and compile grant projects funding and forecasts
- Provide technical financial support and hands on to project accounting and program staff Asset management (have asset registers to monitor and manage programme/ cluster assets) in accordance with WV Finance Manual on quarterly basis
- Ensure 100% submission of Labour Distribution Reports for employees in the grant assigned
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Senior Finance and Administration Officer career opportunity should hold a university Degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing and or a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- At least three years’ post qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Previous experience of managing grants from Major donors desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to manage multiple fund types (sponsorship, private non sponsorship, government, multilateral and local income) in addition to having an overall stewardship virtue to control integrated activities.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Core Values: Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on Core Values.
NB: This vacancy is open to current employees of World Vision only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline