Job Title: Risk Manager
Organisation: Equity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Ref: EBUL 04/2016
About Equity Bank:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modem, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region.
Job Summary: The Risk Manager will support Equity Bank by overseeing its risk management agenda including the identification, assessment and management of risk.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the Institution Risk Management Framework, policies and procedures as well as conduct regular risk reviews.
- Render support in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business risks and control self-assessments
- Plan/oversee development and implementation of risk management systems including an efficient and functional BCP.
- In charge of training and sensitization of staff on risk management so as to ensure risk consciousness amongst the staff
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities
- Keenly monitor major and critical risk issues, including near misses
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Equity Bank Risk Manager career placement should hold a degree in business related field from a recognized university.
- Five years of post-qualification experience in Risk Management, preferably in a banking, telecom, or busy commercial environment;
- Expert knowledge of and exposure to risk management concepts, tools and practice.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
How to Apply:
If you believe you are interested in joining the banking sector at Equity Bank, please send your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials quoting the Job Title or Ref. No. (Check at the Top of Advert) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to post to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Equity Bank (U) Ltd,
P.O. Box 10184 Kampala
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline