Job Title: Retail Projects Engineer
Organisation: Vivo Energy
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Vivo Energy is the company behind the downstream Shell brand in Africa. It offers customers the very best of Shell’s products and services, including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service. In doing so, Vivo Energy have put in place industry-leading health and safety standards and are committed to delivering Shell’s high-quality fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Job Summary: The Retail Projects Engineer will be tasked with the delivery of retail engineering projects on strict deadlines, within the Vivo Energy standards and approved budget. This includes end-to-end project management, contractor management, HSSE and stakeholder management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Prepare full-scale project, plans, timeiines, and milestones and associated communication documents.
- Set and effectively communicate project expectations and provide progress reports.
- The incumbent will be tasked with estimating the resources needed to achieve project goals, prepare and submit budget proposals for the development of investment proposals.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities (BOQs), tender documents, contracts board strategy and evaluation of returned bids.
- Effectively track project milestones and deliverables, analyze results, troubleshoot problems and develop recovery plan/action plan.
- Prepare and submit progress reports, proposals, user request specifications and presentations.
- Develop and maintain a strong Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) culture among contractors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Retail Projects Engineer should preferably hold a Degree in civil or mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with hands-on project management
- Working knowledge and experience with the petroleum retail business is an added advantage.
- Ability to use Auto-CAD system, read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Previous exposure and experience in HSSE management systems.
How to Apply:
All applicants should apply by sending an updated CV, application letter and scanned supporting documents, all in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline