Job Title: Research and Market Development Officer
Organisation: Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Research and Market Development
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) was established by the Capital Markets Authority Act Chapter 84 Laws of Uganda as a semi-autonomous body responsible for the promotion, development and regulation of the capital markets industry in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Research and Market Development Officer will offer technical research support to the activities of the Capital Markets Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research for the Market Supervision, Market Development and Legal departments. This will include but will not be limited to carrying out desk research on the successful regulatory, licensing, surveillance / supervision and market development practices of other emerging market regulators.
- The incumbent will manage data collection, and analysis for CMA’s research studies, surveys and strategic plan reviews
- Prepare and submit reports and presentations for CMA’s research studies, surveys and investor/issuer/policy makers’ education and outreach campaigns
- Write research papers / articles on various aspects of the capital markets for journals, newspapers and other print media.
- Make presentations to various forums e.g. investors, market intermediaries, policy makers / line ministry, financial sector regulators, trade/professional associations, professional bodies and issuers when called upon
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution/university in Economics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Commerce, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or any other related subject is preferred.
- Possession of a Post-Graduate academic or professional qualification in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in research, quantitative analysis, and/or financial reporting.
- Previous experience within the capital markets industry will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge and interest in financial services in general, and in capital markets in particular
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the operations of the financial sector is required.
- Proven ability and desire to read extensively
- Good report writing skills- Interested candidates should be able to present at least two written articles or papers
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office - power point, excel, word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- High levels of flexibility and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- High level of professionalism, result oriented and able to work in a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications together with a recently updated CV (with references) via email to the Director Corporate Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or to the CMA physical address on 8th Floor, Jubilee Center, Plot 14 Parliament Avenue, Kampala.
Deadline: 6th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline