Job Title: Registered Nurse – Theater Manager
Organization: SS Business Consultants Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SS Business Consultants Limited was founded in 2015 to provide sustainable business management solutions to the East African Region. We are a human resource consulting and outsourcing company, combining unique experience and expertise across various business functions basing on the best practices and using modern HRM systems. Our client is a big health care service provider in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse – Theater Manager is an integral part of the client’s operative nursing practice; the patient has the right to the highest quality nursing care during their surgical journey. This position is primarily an anaesthetic/recovery nurse with occasional roles as instrument and circulating nurse. The position holder must have an extensive experience working in a theater as a Theater Manager or Operation Theater Nurse.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective communication with patient families and carers, all members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure smooth progression of each theatre list to ensure safe and effective patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of infection control principles and adhere to departmental and area policies in regard to infection control.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with legal and ethical aspects of an operative nursing.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with Ministry of Health and local policies.
- Maintain accountability for actions in the delivery of nursing care in the client’s operative environment.
- Act as advocate for the patient during the entire episode of care by ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
- Actively participate in ongoing personal and professional development to ensure continuing competency to implement evidence based practice of current clinical procedures.
- Be aware and practice OH&S requirements and regulations in the client’s operative environment.
- Assist and directly supervise the novice clinician.
- Provide culturally appropriate patient focused nursing care.
- Be able to work on call roster.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Theater Manager job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing (or Certificate with three years’ work experience from a reputable hospital)
- Hold a certificate of Registration from the national nursing body
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar or higher position
- Clinical Skills, Theater Operating procedures, Management of recovery, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply. The applicants are required to send an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees to our email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly note the position in the subject line of your email as “Application_Theater Manager”
Deadline: 27th May 2016 before 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline