Job Title: Registered Nurse
Organisation: Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited (APDL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited (APDL) is one of the largest sterile injectable pharmaceutical companies in East Africa, with a market presence in Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, DR Congo, Burundi and Rwanda. We primarily manufacture and market products across multiple markets, and therapeutic segments. A significant majority of these products are generic drugs that are capable of being directly injected into the human body and are used predominantly in the treatment of critical illnesses.
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse will be providing care to our ill staff members, by providing medical support. The Registered Nurse will provide a comprehensive nursing package that include preventive, curative and health education to support and encourage a healthy living culture within the target population.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Actively promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. title: nurse, registered
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Participate in ward side nursing procedures as a member of the caring team
- Prepare and perform sterile procedure and support the Medical Doctor in their delivery of medical services
- Ensure patients are comfortable, in a healthy and secure environment to enhance quick recovery.
- Conduct observations, diagnosis, and nursing procedures and give necessary treatment in consultation with the Clinical Officer.
- Participate in drug supply management that includes drug requisition, monitoring consumption and supervision of the drug dispensing process.
- Coordinate nursing activities in the wards and ensure patient focused approach is used at all times.
- Offer support to the Clinical Officer in keeping simple books of accounts and make estimates for the wards and other units.
- Maintain personal contact with patients, take note of their complaints, carry out corrective measure and escalate for further action if necessary.
- Prepare and send progress reports covering the areas of operation.
- Manage patients with confidentiality and adherence to the professional code of conduct.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Registered Comprehensive Nurse job opportunity should hold a certificate in Comprehensive Nursing (three years)
- Hold a certificate of Registration from the national nursing body
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar or higher position
- Registered Nurse Skills required: Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
By via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copy: email@example.com
Or hand deliver your updated cv to the above address (Please indicate the job tittle on the envelope of your application)
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _Nurse" in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline