Job Title: Regional Laboratory Supervisor
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: HSS Laboratory Coordinator
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Regional Laboratory Supervisor provides technical support for the HSS lab function in supported districts; Take responsibility as the focal person for attached district Hubs and Health Facility laboratories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Hubsand district HF laboratories in the assigned districts to result in quality and efficient laboratory services to the communities.
- Actively participate in the provision of quality laboratory services at Mildmay Uganda as part of holistic patient management as may be deemed necessary by the lab manager or laboratory HSS coordinator.
- Work closely with the district structures and other stakeholders to have functional and coordinated linkages and partnership working for improved Lab services delivery in the assigned districts.
- Actively promote the use of laboratory based data to inform program management, add to scientific knowledge and support research activities at Mug and affiliated institutions
- Ensure compliance with MUg financial guidelines in a manner that results in efficient usage of organisational resources and high standards of accountability
- Contribute to the development and execution of the MUg strategic plan
- Ensure regular, timely and accurate reporting on HSS- district lab activities for the assigned districts. Enhancing capacity for timely and accurate reporting to the national HMIS and other national data dash boards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent.
- Registration with allied health professional council with Annual practicing licence.
- Additional training or experience in ISO 15189 implementation.
- Training in Laboratory Biorisk management.
- GCLP and LQMS Training and implementation
- Training in logistics management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Previous experience in Health Systems Strengthening
- Working with districts and public health facilities
- Good teaching and mentorship skills
- Ability to make good decisions
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Team leadership & people management
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
- Working knowledge of English and local languages
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer).
Deadline: 30th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline