Job Title: Records Clerk - Registry
Organisation: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Information Management Assistant
Ref: NMS/ 2016/05
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Records Clerk-Registry will be tasked with keeping accurate records of registry files including their movement and ensuring that files are returned to the registry timely.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will effectively manage the movement of files to action officers
- Keep a record of all files within the registry
- Serially number all documents on active files and semi active files
- Offer technical support to the immediate supervisor in maintaining a clean and safe storage of active, semi active files
- Identity files for semi archiving and drawing this to immediate supervisor
- Assist in the receipt and dispatching of mails within the corporation
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma in Records/Library and Information Science
- At least two years’ experience in managing registries or records
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with updated Curriculum vita, copies of academic documents/transcripts, full time telephone contacts, email and postal addresses of three referees including the last two employers. The applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16 Entebbe. Uganda.
Deadline: 9th May, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline