Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Organisation: TWED Property Development Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
TWED Group was incorporated in 2005 as an indigenous group of companies that is offering a wide range of and high quality real estate solutions and services. Initially offering quality office space, TWED is now diversifying in other areas like hospitality, warehousing and logistics, transport, PPPs, commercial and retail. TWED Property Development Limited is fast growing Property Development Company, offering a wide range of high quality real estate solutions and services and has proven to be a unique market player leading in the property development and management sector guided by its mission, “to develop and provide real estate solutions and facilities that will enhance customer productivity and wellness.” TWED’s prestigious buildings which include TWED Towers and TWED Plaza, in CBD of Kampala, provide offices for blue chip corporations, international organizations, national corporations, parastatals, non-governmental and public institutions in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Quantity Surveyor will be in charge of managing all costs of the Company relating to buildings (maintenance- new and old), and civil engineering projects with an intension of minimizing costs and enhancing value for money while still achieving the required standards and quality
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the Architect and/or the client;
- Carrying out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour
- Costs for any project upcoming
- Prepare, negotiate and analyze costs for tenders and contracts
- Supporting the procurement team in the analysis, selection and placement of sub
- Contractor orders
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
- Carrying out cost analysis for repairs and maintenance for company property
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of subcontract final accounts within agreed budgets and advising on all communications relating to the activity
- Ability to control subcontractors and maximization of value recovery
- Ensuring cost control and cost management are maintained and validating progress data in order to ensure accurate reporting to the Managing Director
- Delivery of competent support to the operational management team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Accreditation to chartered surveyors is an added advantage
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Methodical way of thinking and excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent financial, construction works and numeracy management skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (no document attachments) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. You can also call us on these numbers: 0393 516317, 0752 987259, 0782-3017118 for any clarifications needed.
Deadline: 14th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline