Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Organisation: Spear Motors Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Spear Motors Limited is the sole distributor of Mercedes Benz Chrysler and Jeep vehicles and it was founded in 1973 by Prof. Gordon Wavamunno. Spear Motors Ltd is the Sole official distributor for Daimler AG of Stuttgart, Germany the manufactures of Mercedes Benz. It is also the official distributor for other legendary brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Great Wall Motors (Wingle double cabin and Hover Station wagons), Kinglong Buses and Deutz Fahr Tractors.
Job Summary: The Public Relations Officer will be tasked with promoting the Company’s image, products and services both within and externally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and recommend Public Relations initiatives for the company with an objective of driving company sales.
- Manage corporate image and promotional campaigns/events for and on behalf of Spear Motors Limited.
- Prepare speeches as may be required for the Company Chairman and Management of Spear Motors Limited.
- Manage press releases and related media events.
- Recommend and implement CSR initiatives for the Company and ensure the Company is rated highly in that regard.
- The incumbent will also represent the Company on all occasions and community functions whenever required.
- Manage media relations i.e. Handle inquiries from and interact with audio/TV or electronic and print media including requests for commentary on different aspects of the Company.
- Keep Management updated of any stories published about the Company and ensure accuracy in the content including Company advertisements.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Sales Director and the Managing Director (Company Chairman) on issues regarding Public Relations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Public Relations Officer vacancy should hold a Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Membership to the Public Relations Association will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, detailed CVs and copies of relevant professional certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline