Job Title: Projects Manager
Organisation: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Opportunity Bank Uganda Ltd (OBUL) is a member of Opportunity International, a global microfinance institution that provides access to financial services in 27 Countries globally serving over 2 Million customers with Savings, Credit and other transformational services aimed at transforming the lives of low income earners.
Job Summary: The Projects Manager will be in charge of managing and delivering on all the Bank’s major projects including multi donor funded projects within Opportunity Bank Uganda Ltd (OBUL). The incumbent will be responsible for planning, directing and coordination of activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The incumbent will also coordinate internal and external change within the organization to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness is achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Management:
- Provide leadership for projects governance in the Bank by ensuring establishment and enforcement of a standardised projects Management guideline along best practice frame works that will be followed for all bank projects
- Regularly monitor implementation of project activities and budgets to assure accountability as per the approved Work Plan; Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy
- Actively facilitate and coordinate all Bank projects to ensure adherence to timeline, execution within budget, satisfy the set objectives and effective risk management.
- Keenly reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Ensure efficient business processes in terms of efficient and effective internal controls - Review operating manuals to ensure customer friendly processes and through consultation with relevant stakeholders initiate process reengineering.
- Coordinate internal and external change within the organization to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness is achieved.
- Advise management on human and physical resource optimization – Based on through put in the respective department identifying idle capacity that can productively be used elsewhere. Identify potential areas of process automation that can eliminate waste of resources which will contribute to overall profitability.
- Keenly review and ensure that there exists Internal and external Service level agreements. Internal service level agreements between different departments to clearly identify the turnaround time for feedback and problem resolution.
- Donor agency project coordination - centralize all donor projects under this office and responsible for the generation of progress reports.
- Prepare and submit Executive Management reports (and donor reports where required) in line with project objectives log frame and indicators.
- Ability to draw and follow up on numerous partner work plans
- Manage the development of resources and materials for tracking and achieving overall project success
- Ensure that projects stay on schedule and any issues are resolved
- Timely reports and implementation (adherence to work plans)
- Efficient budget utilization (On-time, on-budget delivery of activities)
- Works closely with relevant Heads of Department to ensure the project team members are equipped and trained to perform their jobs.
2. Donor Management:
- Proactively work to maintain dialogue with donors, keeping abreast of changing priorities.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements
3. External Partnerships:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all directly related external partnerships to ensure meeting project objectives
- Regular meetings to update on project progress and performance. Liaison between external partners and OBUL
- Continuously analyze partner needs, develop action plans, track milestones and decision points and measure success.
- Work closely with the different partners to develop, recommend and instill key performance metrics for efficient and relevant project tracking (milestones/deadlines/cost savings)
- Provide thought leadership to the different partners and act as point of contact.
4. Finance and Budgeting:
- Track monthly expenditure and ensure it is in line with project work plans and budget requirements. Modify any changes to reflect on the ground expenditure.
- Work closely with Finance Director at OBUL to maintain accurate financial records and accountability
5. Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E):
- Responsible for all aspects of project evaluation; includes gathering information in line with project objective and indicators;
- Gather primary and secondary data- responsible for data management and analysis
- Ensure all activities are in line with the project log frames
- Support annual Evaluation and analysis of data for baseline, midterm and exit surveys.
- Sharing best practices regionally
- Perform any other activities that may arise and would assist in moving forward the Agriculture finance program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Degree level qualification
- The ideal candidate should have seven years’ experience in project management
- The applicant should have relevant experience in the financial services sector, technology and agriculture value chains.
- Significant exposure and experience in financial service delivery, technology and agriculture value chains
- Previous exposure and experience in report and grant request writing
- Clearly demonstrated ability to design, implement, and evaluate large scale, donor funded projects
- Prior exposure and experience in dealing with consortium relationships
- Strong background in M&E functions
- Experience in maintaining and cultivating donor and partner relationships.
- Proven ability to also work as a part of a team and supervise others.
- Computer literacy i.e. Competence in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Previous experience in managing budgets
- Good project proposal writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think out of the box; be proactive
- Strategic Thinking-ability to set goals, plan and prioritize
- Background in microfinance preferred
- Previous exposure and experience in agriculture finance and agriculture value chains preferred
- Self starter- ability to work without supervision, take initiative and make decisions on the spot
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of specialist projects management tools and techniques
- The post holder should have the willingness to work in Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters together with their curriculum vitae to:
Human Resources Officer
Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited
Plot 7a, John Babiiha Avenue
P.O. Box 33513 Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 13th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline