Job Title: Project Support Officer
Organisation: GOAL International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Country Director – Programmes
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
Job Summary: The Project Support Officer will offer support to GOAL’s Uganda programme both at head office (Kampala) and field level. The Programme Support Officer (PSO) will work with the Assistant Country Director - Programmes (ACDP) and other relevant technical advisors on proposal development, donor reporting and communication materials development. The post will involve some travel to field sites. The PSO will be responsible for maintaining the donor pipeline, identifying potential funding opportunities (aligned to the Country Programme’s strategic direction), working with technical advisors and programme directors to develop donor reporting, and manage the scheduling and logistics for all donor (current and potential) visits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Donor Pipeline and Reporting:
- Research and provide regular updates to senior management on potential funding opportunities, and ensure that the donor pipeline database is maintained
- Maintain and update proposal and reporting calendar ensuring all concerned are aware of the reporting schedule and their specific roles
- The jobholder will coordinate the development of quality donor proposals and Head Office Concept Notes, facilitating input from the programme directors, technical advisors, field teams, finance and other relevant departments;
- Coordinate the development and timely submission of donor reports to Dublin, and other reports or updates as needed.
- The incumbent will maintain the communications, visibility and branding database for GOAL Uganda’s various donors, partners, and programmes and review all communication, branding and visibility requests by programme teams.
- Oversee the development of external communications and visibility materials, working with senior managers, programme directors, and technical advisors to agree content and layout.
- Work closely with the field teams, programme directors and technical advisors, develop web content for GOAL Global’s website which showcases GOAL Uganda’s programming and successes.
- Manage suppliers in their delivery of communication and visibility materials.
- Keenly review and edit presentations and any other communication materials developed by GOAL Uganda staff for external audiences and National Management Meetings ensuring the correct formatting is used and that content is concise and well presented.
- Directly line manage and mentor the National Project Support Officer and build their capacity in donor reporting and proposal development
- Supervise the National Project Support Officer to undertake their role in mainstreaming of gender and child protection in GOAL Uganda
4. Representation and Networking: As agreed with the ACD-Programmes, represent GOAL Uganda as appropriate at external forums
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University Degree or post-graduate qualification ideally with a specialisation in development, business, health or social sciences
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English
- Excellent communication material development skills
- Broad knowledge and familiarity and ideally one year’s experience with proposal writing, logical framework/result chain development and donor reporting (Irish Aid, DFID, Mastercard, UN agencies etc)
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Word, Excel and Powerpoint with ability to analyse data and interpret statistical information
- Ability to work under pressure, and prioritise workload according to the changing needs of the programme
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, and a commitment to capacity building
- Enthusiastic, flexible and with the ability to work long hours in sometimes remote contexts with basic amenities to meet the needs of the programme
- Graphic Design skills are desirable
- Previous exposure and experience of market based development programmes an advantage
- Broad knowledge and understanding of mainstreaming principles, including gender, and child protection is desired
How to Apply:
If you want to work for GOAL International in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline