Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organisation: Agency for Accelerated Regional Development (AFARD)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Agency For Accelerated Regional Development (AFARD) is a non-governmental organization operating in Nebbi, Zombo, Yumbe, Arua, and Moyo districts in West Nile, Uganda. AFARD envisions a “prosperous, healthy and informed people of West Nile.” With funding support from KNH, AFARD is implementing Payera Community Development Project that will transition into a 5-year Erussi Community Development Project (ECDP) with the goal “People’s Institutions in Erussi/Ndhew Sub-Counties are economically, socially and politically empowered to protect the rights of children and ensure their basic needs are met.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will be responsible to coordinator and account for the effective management of ECDP using participatory, human/children’s rights-driven and results-based approaches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical assistance in project planning and budgeting in line with ECDP plan and AFARD’s and KNH guidelines
- Actively participates in resource mobilization drives
- The incumbent supervises, disciplines, monitors, coaches and mentors project staff and coordinates their performance appraisal and development
- The Project Coordinator mediates in conflict resolutions
- Manage project resources including staff, finances and assets in accordance with the financial and asset policy
- Builds and strengthen linkages and networks with relevant authorities e.g. lower local governments
- Promotes linkages and learning among people’s institutions
- Compiles correct, complete and timely periodic project operational plans, budgets, briefs and reports
- Periodically monitors and evaluates implementation processes against set performance target and recommends measures to improve results and cost effectiveness.
- Develops capacity building plan for staff and partners
- The incumbent documents and shares best practices with management and other stakeholders
- Cooperates with other AFARD programme team and stakeholders.
- Oversees the advocacy for people’s institution development
- Works closely with the Executive Director deals with donors, contractors and suppliers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Project Coordinator vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/ Development Studies/ Child Development/ Business administration,
- A minimum of three years’ experience at a senior management level with experience in project planning and management.
- Proven ability to work as a team, drive automobile, negotiate, network, report, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ready to leave in the project area i.e. in Nebbi
How to Apply:
Al suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications with updated CVs, 1-page statement of achievements, copies of relevant academic documents, contacts of 2 referees, and day time phone numbers via e-mail to email@example.com. You may also hand deliver or post addressed to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 80, Nebbi, Uganda
NB: Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline