Job Title: Programmes and Operations Manager
Organization: Bless a Child Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bless a Child Foundation (BCF) is a non-profit organisation headquartered in Kampala, Uganda that is committed to providing treatment and care for children suffering from cancer and related infections in Uganda. BCF provides palliative care homes for the children and their parents to stay as they undergo treatment at the hospitals. In addition, BCF provides other services to children and their caregivers at the home such as educational services, psycho-social support and recreational activities.
Job Summary: The Programmes and Operations Manager will oversee the implementation of its strategic plan. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing day-to-day management of BCF’s hospitality home for child cancer patients and their caregivers (guests) in Kampala and management oversight to the home in Gulu; ensuring the wellbeing and safety of the homes’ guests; ensuring the delivery of high quality, sustainable and reproducible care for the homes’ guests including development of new or enhancement of existing systems, standards and processes; management and supervision of staff; and leading the implementation of community activities in support of BCF homes. In addition, the Programmes and Operations Manager will be required to provide high level technical support to the sourcing of funding opportunities, development of funding proposals, advocacy activities and representation of BCF in national and international fora. The Programmes and Operations Manager will be on call 24/7.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic leadership to BCF through the development and implementation of its strategic plan and annual work plan.
- The incumbent also builds and manages relationships with key stakeholders including donors and funders, and other partners both nationally and internationally.
- Ensures the day-to-day administration of BCF homes including ensuring operational systems are developed and implemented as relates to budget management, asset management and purchasing among others.
- Ensures that guests to the home (patients and their caregivers) are adequately orientated on life at the home and provided for the entire duration of their stay.
- Manages human resources including overseeing the recruitment, training, retention, utilisation and dismissal of staff and volunteers in an appropriate manner to support programme delivery.
- Leads the drafting of reports for donors as per their funding requirements as well as a quarterly BCF newsletter for dissemination to friends and supporters of BCF and other materials as necessary.
- Leads the sourcing of funds and other resources for BCF through development of funding and other project proposals.
- Represents BCF at national and international fora as necessary through public speaking engagements, advocacy efforts, research and contributions to publications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Programmes and Operations Manager should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of five years’ experience in direct or ancillary patient support, project management, residential management, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least three years’ experience in managing staff
- Previous exposure and experience in managing a diverse population in a communal setting
- Excellent public speaking and communications skills
- Excellent writing skills for various audiences including experience in proposal writing
- Previous experience with sales methodology and demonstrable experience in sourcing funds and in-kind gifts
- Proven ability to work well with a team
- Significant experience in developing innovative programming
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and computer equipment
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within and outside Uganda as required
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a detailed CV together with a covering letter explaining how you are suited for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include contacts for three references.
Deadline: 6th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline