Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Projects
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer/Skills Development and Entrepreneurship will oversee and coordinate the skills development component of UWEP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provision of Technical Support on Skills Development and Entrepreneurship:
- Work closely with the Skills Training Institution to link up women that require Vocational Training curriculum.
- Develop and guide stakeholders on apprenticeship with master craftsperson in training women in practical vocational trades.
- Guide the Programme Coordinator on effective promotion and implementation of skills Development projects.
- The jobholder will develop a handbook on enterprise development skills that can be shared with women enterprises.
- Offer technical support to women’s groups and district stakeholders on entrepreneurship training and methodologies, and on counseling, life skills and leadership.
2. Implementation management and Reporting on skills development component:
- Prepare and submit quarterly skills development plans and performance reports.
- Co-ordinate UWEP skills development and training activities.
- Provide guidance to ensure consistency and coherence in the interpretation of UWEP criteria, principles, standards and norms in terms of entrepreneurship skills development.
- Prepare and submitprogress reports on the status of on – going skills development activities.
- Guide and make timely recommendation to the UWEP Programme coordinator, Heads of Unit and District leadership on identified Programme implementation issues.
- Organise and coordinate training events for respective actors to address specific and emerging issues while promoting awareness and enforcing shared understanding and working knowledge of UWEP.
3. Coordination of partners and stakeholders:
- Identify, develop and maintain partnerships with training organizations and work with them to promote and coordinate entrepreneurship vocational skills development for women’s enterprises.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including CSOs, training institutions, local entrepreneurs (micro, small and medium enterprises), business membership organizations, and with the private sector organizations, and private sector enterprises involved in women entrepreneurship development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Programme Officer/Skills Development and Entrepreneurship vacancy should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work, Social Administration or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Business administration from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Certificate in Vocational, Business, and Technical studies will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in vocational, business or technical skills training.
- Knowledge of training for Community Development Transformation and Participatory Rural Appraisal.
- Competencies: Project Management, Computer literacy, Concern for quality and standards, Pro-activism, Coaching and mentoring, Good interpersonal and Communication skills, Leadership and Networking, ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline