Job Title: Programme Officer/Documentation
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IEC and Documentation
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer/Documentation will primarily manage documents and information related to the implementation of UWEP
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Management of Programme Documentation and Library:
- Develop and maintain manual and/or computerized information files consistent with the Government filing system.
- Keenly analyze and codify the content of material by cataloguing, classifying and indexing it
- Identify, evaluate and maintain a list of general and specialized information sources to meet the requirements of UWEP staff by means of manual or computerized systems and networks
- The jobholder will organize the storage and preservation of material
- Respond to external requests for documents
- Supervise public access to the library and provide appropriate assistance to users.
- Assess user information needs.
- Work closely with other projects to obtain and share information of mutual interest.
- Actively contribute to content development of in-house publications
- Design, edit and proof read and print in-house publications.
3. Accountability and Reporting: In charge of tracking and maintaining accountability recording and ensuring compliance with Government standards and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Programme Officer/Documentation job opportunity should preferably be a Ugandan who holds an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science / Management Information Science from a recognized university/ Institution or related relevant qualification.
- At least three years relevant working experience from a reputable organization.
- Competencies: Interpersonal and communication skills; computer literacy; Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline