Job Title: Program Officer - Sustainable Livelihoods
Organisation: Church of the Province of Uganda (COU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs, PDR
The Church of Uganda is a Jesus-loving, Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Anglican Church engaged in the mission of Jesus Christ in today’s world. The Church of Uganda is governed by the Provincial Assembly.
Job Summary: The Program Officer - Sustainable Livelihoods will primarily oversee the Sustainable Livelihood Programme (SLP) which aims at reducing poverty levels and sustainably improving livelihoods across the Province
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management and delivery of the SLP
- The incumbent will coordinate the formulation and oversee the implementation of Church of Uganda specific policies on agricultural production and household food sovereignty
- Offer technical advice and support in the planning, designing, training, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood and economic development interventions across the Province
- The incumbent will coordinate, advocate for SLP and support the development of sustainable livelihoods initiatives
- Manage the development of materials for capacity enhancement in food and income security
- Regularly monitor and support supervision of SLP
- Document and share lessons learned in the course of the SLP implementation
- Provide technical advice on sustainable development and livelihood intervention with focus on household food and income security, environmental risks and climate change to different Church structures
- Manage partnerships and build relationships with other stakeholders
- Represent CoU in economic development and sustainable livelihood gatherings and contribute to technical interactions and discussions at both Local and International levels
- Build diocesan staff capacity in SLPs
- Prepare and submit regular and timely program implementation progress reports
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Program records, files and filing systems
- Resource mobilization for SLP activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Natural Resource Management, Climatology, Environmental sciences, Disaster and Risk Management, Development Studies, and/or any other related fields.
- At least three years of related work experience
- Broad knowledge and skills in identifying early signs of disaster, designing disaster response strategies, carrying out assessment .disseminating Disaster and Risk Management policy, creating a disaster response network and responding to disasters and risks issues.
- Proven experience in conducting assessment and analysis of agriculture and livelihood related activities
- Proven exposure and experience in managing livelihood initiatives, environmental conservation and climate change to improve livelihoods in a sustainable and equitable manner.
- Working knowledge and experience of working with CoU is an added advantage
- Proven ability to travel extensively both locally and internationally
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications along with most recent CVs and three references, copies of relevant academic testimonials, recommendation from Parish Priest and a day time contact should be submitted to the address below. Please clearly indicate the post you are applying for on the envelope.
The Provincial Secretary,
The Church of the Province of Uganda,
P.O. Box 14123 Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline