Job Title: Program Manager
Organisation: Katalemwa Cheshire Home (KCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Katalemwa Cheshire Home (KCH) is a development organization established in 1970 and is committed to rehabilitate children with disabilities between 0-18 years. KCH focuses on both medical and social rehabilitation as well as provision of appliances/assistive devices to clients. KCH also promotes children’s’ rights to quality education and offers livelihood programmes to enable CWDs and their families live independent lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Program Manager will be in charge of coordination and program management
- In charge of resource mobilisation specifically proposal writing and the preparation of donor reports.
- The Program Manager will facilitate development of work plans through a streamlined planning and budgeting process, support the monitoring and evaluation function
- Promote organizational sustainability, learning and reflection, aware that KCH is a living organization that grows and develops with all the associated innovations, anticipated market changes, challenges and risks.
- Actively contribute to brand strengthening/ corporate image building and national profile process of KCH
- Building strategic partnerships and engagement with stakeholders including central and local government and development partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences/Humanities, community development, public administration. Possession of a master’s degree and management training are an added advantage, post graduate certificate in PPM, M&E
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the similar position or in a program coordination role in a reputable development organization.
- Broad knowledge and skills in using computerized systems and processes, in possession of good interpersonal and resource mobilization skills.
- Working knowledge in community based rehabilitation & disability issues is preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver an application letter and CV, present position, current remuneration, copies of certificates/testimonials and three recent professional references in a sealed envelope, plus day time telephone contact to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Katalemwa Cheshire Home for Rehabilitation Services,
P.O. Box 16548, Kampala, Uganda
Off Gayaza Road at Mperere to Buwambo (about 200 meters from Mperere Trading Centre)
NB: Ladies and persons with disabilities with the relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 2nd June 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline