Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Funding Source: European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
Reports to: Area Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
About EU Project:
DRC is presently leading a Consortium of four NGOs (DRC, ZOA, Save the Children, and CEFORD) which has been selected to implement a program in Northern Uganda to support the self-reliance, resilience and social stability of displacement-affected communities, South Sudanese refugees and their host communities. The Consortium is implementing a 3-year project implemented by a consortium of NGOs and funded under the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa to respond to refugee settlements in West Nile of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for Adjumani Office Logistics operation. The incumbent will offer technical support to DRC/DDG operations and coordination with program staff on support, training, guidelines and standard operating procedure as set by Danish Refugee Council (DRC).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using guideline in the DRC Operation Handbook: procure, obtain quotations and carry out all Logistics and Procurement related task as instructed by the Area Manager.
- Ensure that Procurement table is updated on weekly basis and share with Kampala every Thursday.
2. Fleet Management:
- Ensure that all repairs, service & maintenance performed on vehicles/equipment/machinery are in accordance to the required standard established to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime and at best value for money.
- Ensure that all repairs and servicing performed on all vehicles and equipment is recorded on Job cards and that vehicle histories are maintained. Keep and maintain all maintenance report and submit them on monthly basis to Area Manager & Country Procurement and Logistics Coordinator.
- Maintain a clear overview of DRC vehicles in the Adjuman Office and regularly update as/when needed the vehicles in use template.
- Keenly monitor fuel consumption for Vehicle fleet/Motorcycles/Generators through ensuring weekly calculation of the fuel consumption.
- Prepare fuel consumption and maintenance report for vehicle, motorcycles and generators at the Adjumani Office and share this with Area Manager and Country Procurement & Logistics Coordinator on monthly basis by 5th of every month.
- Ensure that insurance policies for Vehicles & Motorcycles are renewed on timely basis.
- Drive the assigned vehicle in a correct and sensible manner in adherence to weather and road condition at all time. Adhere to the maximum speed limit for DRC/DDG Vehicles – 50 km/h on dirt road, 100 km/h on a tarmac. When the road conditions are poor, drive as slowly as necessary to facilitate safe passage to the passenger and ensure no damage to the vehicle.
- Supervise and build capacity with drivers. Ensure vehicle log sheets are completed according to guidelines on weekly basis and submitted to Area Manager.
- Systematically coordinate the movement plans in the Adjumani Office.
3. Inventory and Asset Transfer:
- Update inventory list in the Adjumani Office on a monthly basis and submit to the Area Manager and Country Procurement & Logistics Coordinator by 5th of every month.
- Ensure all assets in the Adjumani are properly tagged as soon as the Asset are procured.
- Bi-annually conduct physical asset verification to confirm the condition of the assets in the Adjumani Office.
- Ensure assets transfer forms are properly completed during movement of goods from Adjumani Office to other Offices. Further, ensure that proper stock records are kept and updated regularly.
4. Other: Ensure that DRC safety in the office is observed, visitor check at the gate, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are up to date
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Procurement and Logistics Office career opportunity should hold a degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or the equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience, preferably working in a busy organization and well versed with NGO’s values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS word & excel and other accounting software
- Show commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- A good sense of humour
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses, work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.
The complete application package should be uploaded online, Click Here
Deadline: 7th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline