Organisation: Ernst & Young (EY)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ernst & Young (known as EY) is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It w as the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2012 and is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms. The organization operates as a network of member firms which are separate legal entities in individual countries. It has 175,000 employees and more than 700 offices in over 150 countries. It provides assurance (including financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to companies. The firm dates back to 1849 with the founding of Harding & Pullein in England. The current firm was formed by a merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. in 1989.It was known as Ernst & Young until 2013, when it underwent a rebranding.
Job Summary: The OSS Technology Specialist performs multiple technology support activities in providing end user support to Firm personnel. This professional demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks, working with multiple software and hardware technologies, in a fast paced environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The OSS Technology Specialist:
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
- Assist with provisioning and de-provisioning processing, including setting up of hardware/software for new hire, and receiving hardware from separating employees
- Assists with (or coordinates) the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents
- Quickly resolves incidents associated with firm-standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences
- Under minimal supervision, provides after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk or supervisor
- Preforms assets management activities (procurement, receipt inventory, tracking, distribution, etc.) in accordance with firm policy and IT Service process
- Assists with off-site support for firm sponsored functions/meetings
- Performs asset management responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Assists with IT tasks related to office moves, build outs and relocations
- Operates as “remote hands” for other IT functions such as Telecommunications and Hosting
- Maintains a thorough understanding of IT Services’ organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents
- Understands the Firms business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of firm personnel
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or Sciences.
- Hold Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification
- At least eight years’ experience in end user technology support
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel
- Broad knowledge of/experience in end user computing and PC Workstation-based applications and hardware.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server
- Good analytical/decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues
- Decision making responsibilities are limited to addressing a single end-user issue; need to be able to prioritize incidents being worked on and communicate those priorities to end users as necessary
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Ernst and Young should apply via their website by visiting the web link below
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline