Job Title: Operations Manager
Project Name: DFID-funded Northern Uganda: Transforming the Economy through Climate Smart Agriculture (NU-TEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
About DFID NU-TEC Program:
NU-TEC Market Development (MD) is a five year DFID-funded programme that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor men and women in northern Uganda by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of DFID.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for all financial, operational, logistical, procurement, human resources, IT, and accounting processes to the programme;
- Actively take part in the development and maintenance of project work plans;
- Significantly contribute to the preparation and maintenance of project specific components of the project operations manual;
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated, and escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required;
- Work closely with Internal Audit/Systems Review and Corporate Operations, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
- Maintain and build upon a project and risk management portfolio.
- Work closely with and respond to requests from clients;
- Prepare and submit regular or ad hoc reports to the clients;
- Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage and support contract amendments as required.
- Support the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy;
- Ensure financial processes and procedures are implemented in accord with Palladium and DFID requirements;
- Work closely with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to;
- Work in liaison with management to ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to;
- Maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants;
- Prepare procurement documents and manage the procurement process for goods and services required to support effective field operations.
- Act as the primary point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
- Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
- Facilitate field office leases;
- Regularly monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes;
- Coordinate the processing of service provider work orders and invoices;
- Keenly monitor and report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
- Ensure asset management procedures are undertaken and conduct spot checks;
- Lead, guide, mentor and manage the performance of 4 x direct reports and ensure appropriate leadership, guidance, mentorship and management of other staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFID NU-TEC Project Operations Manager career opportunity should hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred);
- At least seven years of relevant work experience.
- At least three years of project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s);
- Previous experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile;
- At least two years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment (east Africa experience strongly preferred).
- Experience in inclusive development, including gender issues within an understanding of market systems development.
- The applicant must have attained formal project management training and expertise;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with ability to train and develop staff;
- Willingness to travel throughout Uganda, particularly NU;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- English language skills.
How to Apply:
If you want to work for the Palladium Group in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
Deadline: 23rd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline