Job Title: Office Assistant
Organization: Department for International Development (DFID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 24,833,639 - 38,814,484 per annum
The Department for International Development (DFID) leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. We’re ending the need for aid by creating jobs, unlocking the potential of girls and women and helping to save lives when humanitarian emergencies hit. The Department for International Development (DFID) has been working in Uganda to improve the quality of essential services and help protect the most vulnerable. Uganda aspires to be a middle income country by 2040. Revenue from oil production and successful regional economic integration could help achieve this sooner. Since 2005, economic growth has averaged 7% annually and inward investment has doubled. Less than a quarter of the population now lives below the national poverty line, down from a third in 2006.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible for ensuring DFID Uganda’s office is run efficiently and effectively. The incumbent will also support colleagues to deliver a qualify service to our stakeholders. The incumbent will be managing incoming visitors, general queries and administrative duties. The Office Assistant will act as the face of DFID Uganda by providing a professional welcome to all visitors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the organisation of official events and functions as necessary.
- Collate replies to official events and provide regular updates to teams on attendance.
- The Office Assistant will arrange meeting rooms lay-outs as appropriate including equipment (IT and video/telephone conference) and ensure meeting rooms are kept tidy and clean.
- Request and coordinate refreshments for meetings.
- Work closely security in managing office visitors.
- In charge of managing incoming and outing mail and diplomatic bag as well as newspaper distribution.
- Responsible for managing office stationery requests for DFID and submit those to FCO corporate services for processing.
- Update and maintain DFID Uganda’s telephone lists.
- Greet and welcome internal and external visitors to office and inform relevant staff member.
- Provide a high level of customer care, keep visitors updated on any delays to their meeting and assist with any queries.
- Provide general office management and any other administrative support when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the DFID Programme Officer job vacancy should hold a Diploma or equivalent qualification in Office Administration, Front Desk Management or Secretarial Studies.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an Office Assistant role in a busy environment.
- Office administrative/logistics experience.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, excel and outlook).
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skill
- Excellent customer care skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should request the Application Form from this E-mail AfricaHrHubRecruit@Dfid.gov.uk. The subject line must read “C2 Office Assistant - Uganda.” The candidate must complete and send back the form with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject line must read “C2 Office Assistant - Uganda.”
Deadline: 13th May 2016
NB: All applicants who don’t hear from us by 27th May should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline